What is a Chiropodist/Podiatrist?
Are professional individuals who have trained and specialise in the treatment of the lower limbs including foot conditions and associated Biomechanical dysfunction. Chiropodists advise on, diagnose and treat disorders and dysfunctions of the feet, these may include:

Corns and Callus

Ingrowing toe nails

Nails (general care, fungal infection)


Tinea Pedis (Athlete's foot)

Heel Pain - Plantar Fasciitis

Biomechanics (Orthotic insoles)

Diabetic conditions including neuropathy and clinical testing

Do I need to see a Chiropodist/Podiatrist?
Feet are vital to independence and an important aspect of your overall health care. Would anybody hesitate to consult a dentist when experiencing a painful condition associated with teeth or gums?
Any foot condition should first be discussed with your Chiropodist/Podiatrist.

Are all Chiropodists the same?
There are many various initials /qualifications after a persons name within foot care that make it hard to distinguish the competence of the professional you are trying to consult. By looking for HPC registration, they are actually called Chiropodist or Podiatrist and are membership of the Society Of Chiropodists and Podiatrists, which operate within strict guidelines. It is the only method of distinguishing the person is recognised/insured and properly qualified.

Chiropodist may work within the N.H.S. and have generally undertaken and passed a 3/4 year degree level course at University.